Dear colleagues

As part of the work I do for Kids in Museums, I would be really interested to hear from any heritage organisations who have brought visitors (of any age) into their museum when it is closed to the general public, e.g. if you were going through a period of refurbishment or you close for the winter or just don't open on that particular day. What did the visitors do during their visit and have you any advice or lessons learnt to share? Any examples of how they got involved either with the collections or the operations of the museum/gallery would be great, tasks given to work experience students could also be relevant. I appreciate there is a wealth of outreach work that goes on during museum closed periods but in this case I am really interested in visitors coming onto site.

Many thanks

Jenie Macindoe
Heritage Interpretation & Learning Consultant