Hello FSL experts and community,

In a recent analysis, we identified activation on a particular type of trial (modeled using an implicit baseline) that is greater for adolescents than adults. However, we were wondering if there is a way to directly examine baseline differences between the two age groups to confirm that this finding is due to differences in responsiveness to the task and not to differences in baseline activation. I see from prior forum discussions that including an explicit baseline in the model is not recommended because of rank deficiency concerns. Are there other suggestions for how to confirm that there are no differences in baseline that could be driving our findings?

Many thanks,
Emily