From: Film-Philosophy [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marcelline Block
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FILM-PHILOSOPHY] query: "female gothic"

hi Michael,
You may be interested in a chapter about the female gothic film which
is in my edited collection. This chapter proposes a genre based on the
female gothic called "The Career-Woman-in-Peril Thriller" (films from
the late 80s to mid-2000s).
The reference is as follows:
Soare, Monica. "Return of the Female Gothic: The Career-Woman-in-Peril
Thriller." In Block, Marcelline, ed., Situating the Feminist Gaze and
Spectatorship in Postwar Cinema (Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars, 2010),
88-119.
All the best,
Marcelline