Hi all,

Firstly, many thanks for all your replies. I posted my original email on my lunchbreak and in hindsight it would have been useful if I'd been a bit more specific! There are really two main things that I'm looking at: firstly, how fans have adopted social media to facilitate discussion both with other fans and the show/book/film’s creators, and secondly whether social media reinforces existing fan hierarchies with fan producers becoming big (or bigger) name fans, and having more access to the celebrity/showrunner as a result.

I've read the 'canon' (Jenkins, TWC, etc.) and am looking for literature that may not be in the usual places. Work on Facebook and Tumblr I'm particularly interested in as these seem understudied in comparison to, for example, Twitter. Thanks again for the replies, and apologies for filling up your inboxes.

Cheers,
Bethan