I’m looking for information on one of the final tasks in the creation of practice guidelines, systematic reviews, and similar documents:   What kinds of processes do groups use to ensure the absence of errors in the final draft?  Professional proofreaders, even if they know medical terminology, might not be able to spot a lab value that’s off by a decimal point or a “greater than” sign that got turned around.  But the experts who worked on the draft may be sick of it by then, and less able to spot errors.  Anything you can provide, such as descriptions of how reputable groups do it (or guidance from organizations like Cochrane or G-I-N) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Teresa Benson, MA, LP

Clinical Lead, Evidence-Based Medicine

McKesson Health Solutions
18211 Yorkshire Ave