Dear Bobbie,

The DPC manages a ‘vacancies’ section, which gives summaries of current and recent vacancies in digital preservation among members.  It links to the substantive information on our members’ websites, so I can’t give you entire job specifications, but some of the links will still be live.  And even our short summaries give you some ideas and contacts with agencies that have gone through a similar process recently:  http://www.dpconline.org/newsroom/vacancies

All best wishes,

William

From: Pilette, Roberta [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 06 June 2012 14:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: digital preservation position

Hi,

Apologies for cross posting and possible duplication.

  Yale is looking to create a position in the Library responsible for digital preservation, that is, the preservation of the bits and bytes regardless of where they originated.  The position will deal with born digital as well as analog materials  that have been digitized/scanned.

  We are in the process of creating a draft job description so I am really interested in seeing job descriptions from those institutions, libraries or museums, that have such a position in place.  We are also looking at where that position lives.  Is it part of the preservation dept, IT, or some other dept or unit?

    I would be most appreciative of any information regarding such positions.

Thanks

Bobbie Pilette

Director, Preservation Dept

Yale University Library