I think we can go on to work on social tagging. I write book about folksonomies (in french) and I think we need to describe social tagging as hypomnemata (memory media) and annotation practices. When we study Diigo,  we can see that we produce an accurate profile of ourself with our bookmarks. So social taggind describe web ressources but taggers too.

Best regards
Olivier Le Deuff.
Maître de conférences en SIC. Assistant professor
Laboratoire Mica. Université de Bordeaux 3.
 0687653127.
www.guidedesegares.info