Hi all -

Another alternative would be to include an ID and sheme reference to richer metadata.
Many data systems have more extensive metadata than that used by DataCite and having a way to connect the two would be very useful. This is analogous to the current "nameIdentifier" and "nameIdentifierScheme" attributes in the DataCite schema.

-Todd-