Is anyone aware of any published research into cycling for work purposes (not commuting)?

I am working on a study of community mental health staff in the NHS.  I haven't found any specific literature about the travel of health professionals either (apart from more general literature about travel plans).  There has been quite a bit written about the travel behaviour of mobile social workers, mainly focussing on car use and the emotional functions of the car.

My research in Bristol will show quite signficant levels - when I finally finish writing it up!

Best Regards

Dr Steve Melia
Senior Lecturer
Centre for Transport & Society