The London Cycle Campaign in Hackney, a group who I have long promoted as a benchmark of successful cycle advocacy are, along with their local authority hosting their own cycling conference. With a 10% and rising modal share of the population using bicycles as their principle form of transport in this borough I'd urge folk to engage with this group, the conference notice is too late to be helpful I know, but the fact that this is happening at borough level tells us all something about the advocacy group and the local officers.

Those that don't know the area of Hackney here may be surprised to know that demographically it is very mixed, the well publicised riots of last summer highlighted some of the issues there. The TLRN running through the borough includes the horrible north to south A10 and the east to west running A501 City Road, the area is not that different from other inner city areas such as Tower Hamlets (my old home), next door but with less than half the level of cycling of Hackney's.

Gary Cummins

The notice below begins:

We have been told that there are still places at this conference tomorrow - it is free of charge and lunch is provided.
Among the speakers are Alex Goodship TfL, Charlie Lloyd  LCC, Dr Rachel Aldred, Patrick Field of London School of Cycling, Roger Geffen CTC.

Please let the organizer know if you want to attend. Agenda below and as pdf

Best
Tom