Dear all - we have just advertised two posts based at the Exeter campus in Human Geography.
More details attached here.  If you are interested feel free to contact the named people and or any of us here more informally.
Best wishes
Steve

Job title	Professor in Human Geography
Job reference	R11317
Date posted	06/06/2012
Application closing date	30/07/2012
Location	Exeter
Salary	Competitive salary reflecting qualification and experience
Package	Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme, car lease scheme and relocation package (if applicable)
Job category/type	Academic
Job description
College of Life and Environmental Sciences

We are looking to appoint a Professor of Human Geography from October 2012 to extend the intellectually vibrant and world-class geographical research and teaching within Exeter University.  The successful candidate will be a leading international figure, already known for developing key fields within Human Geography, with the ability to attract world-class academics to the Exeter group. Applicants will be innovative researchers with a strong track record of research funding and internationally excellent publications.

Excellent candidates with an outstanding research profile in areas that will complement and extend our world-class research in human geography are invited to apply.  Candidates should be able to contribute to and develop our current research themes (Geographies of knowledge and creativity; Nature, biosecurity and materiality; Governance, ethics and justice; Climate and society) and/or develop new research themes.

In addition, all candidates should be able to contribute to the University's recently launched strategy for the development of research in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.   It has identified six themes within this broader strategy:

Science, Technology, Culture
Environment and Sustainability
Global Uncertainty
Societal and Lifestyle Shifts
Identities and Beliefs
Medical Humanities

Preference may be given to applicants who can make a significant contribution to the development of the strategy by leading research in one or more of these themes.

Applicants are encouraged to contact the Dean of the College, ProfMark Goodwin (tel: 01392-725151, email: [log in to unmask]) to discuss the posts further. Informal enquiries can be made to Prof Jo Little (Head of Geography) (tel: 01392-723351, email:[log in to unmask]). You may also wish to consult our web site athttp://lifesciences.exeter.ac.uk/ for further details of the Geography Department and the College.

To view the Job Description and Person Specification document pleaseclick here.

The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer which is 'Positive About Disabled People': if you have a disability, you should mention this in your application. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.

Job details
Job title	Lecturer in Human Geography
Job reference	R11316
Date posted	06/06/2012
Application closing date	30/07/2012
Location	Exeter
Salary	£31,948 - £35,938 per annum
Package	Generous holiday allowances, flexible working, pension scheme, car lease scheme and relocation package (if applicable)
Job category/type	Academic
Job description
College of Life and Environmental Sciences

We are currently inviting applications for the position of Lecturer from excellent candidates with a strong research profile in areas that will complement and extend our world-class research in human geography. Candidates should be able to contribute broadly to our current research themes ( Geographies of knowledge and creativity; Nature, biosecurity and materiality; Governance, ethics and justice; Climate and society) . In addition, preference may be given to candidates who can contribute to one of the themes of the University's newly launched strategy in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences - Science, Technology, Culture; Environment and Sustainability; Global Uncertainty; Societal and Lifestyle Shifts; Identities and Beliefs and Medical Humanities.

The successful applicant will hold a PhD in Human Geography or related discipline and have an independent, internationally-recognised research programme related or complementary to existing Exeter strengths. He/she will be able to demonstrate the following qualities and characteristics; a strong record in attracting research funding, or demonstrable potential to attract such funding, teamwork skills to work in collaboration, an active and supportive approach to inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research that will help to foster interactions and links both within the University and externally, appropriate teaching experience within Higher Education, the attitude and ability to engage in continuous professional development, the aptitude to develop familiarity with a variety of strategies to promote and assess learning and enthusiasm for delivering undergraduate programmes.

Informal enquiries can be made to Prof Jo Little (tel: 01392-723351, email: [log in to unmask] ). You may also wish to consult our web site at http://lifesciences.exeter.ac.uk/ for further details of the Geography Department and the College.

To view the Job Description and Person Specification document pleaseclick here.

The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer which is 'Positive About Disabled People': if you have a disability, you should mention this in your application. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.

Steve Hinchliffe

Professor of Human Geography

Room C411
Geography
College of Life and Environmental Sciences
University of Exeter
Amory Building
Rennes Drive
Exeter EX4 4RJ