When you see a tunnel - any tunnel - what is the first thing you think of?  For most people it seems to be 'Where does it go to?".  A much smaller number of people (from my limited ad hoc personal sample anyway) think "What is this tunnel passing through?".  One might also first think "What passed / passes through this tunnel?".  Or relatedly, "Why was this tunnel built?"  Or perhaps other questions I haven't thought of here.

Has anyone researched a psychology of these first thoughts, what sort of personality thinks of what sort of question first, on seeing a tunnel image?

Dr Hillary Shaw
Food and Supply Chain Management Department
Harper Adams University College
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB
www.fooddeserts.org
When you first buy that must-have item you didn't even know you needed, never query why you didn't know you needed it.  This question is potentially threatening to globalisation and will really annoy a marketing team somewhere in the USA.