All,

       I am looking into disposal options for some RG22 foam filled tanks.  So far I have managed to read all about the advantages/disadvantages of foam filling over concrete, as well as the shrinkage/formaldehyde issues of RG22 that have become more apparent in recent(ish) years.  What I cannot seem to find is disposal options, or a waste classification of this material.

Will this need to be disposed of in a hazardous waste cell?  Is it dependant on how it is brought to the tip (ie the tank left intact).  I have been told (by a party with a vested interest) that incineration is the only disposal route, which clearly isn’t the case.   Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Ian