On 6/8/12 12:02 PM, Stefan Mauerberger wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> thanks for your example. Actually, I did not know the cycle statement.
> Very nice!
>
> Unfortunately, using just one big NAMELIST will not work for my
> application. I cant get rid of the structure given by multiple groups
> due to several reasons which are out of my hands.

You can have multiple namelist statements that specify the same namelist
name - the variable lists just get concatenated by the compiler.  So, my
old example could be written:

namelist /nlist/ a
namelist /nlist/ b

instead of a single namelist statement

namelist /nlist/ a,b

> I have to admit, not knowing what /nlist/ is. In several Fortran codes I
> have seen stuff wrapped by slashes, however, I have no clue what this
> means exactly. Understanding of which type /nlist/ is might make things
> easier for me.

nlist here is the name of the namelist.  It could have been george, or
stefan instead.  The / / is just part of the namelist statement syntax -
similar to how you specify names of common blocks.

A namelist name is not a variable - it does not have a type, for
example.  Its characteristics are  more like those of a common block name.

Cheers,
Bill

--
Bill Long                                           [log in to unmask]