     I thank for the references and the comprehensive discussion from Dr.
Holton.  Also, for the reference indicated by Dr. Berry. I think I will get
what I am looking for, now I need to "process" all this information.
    Partially answering Dr. Holton, my aim is to have a side guide for
improving parameters to process images with ice diffraction rings. In
general, the idea is to exclude the minimum area from the detector, but
large enough to avoid bad regions. In this, ice ring widths have a role,
so, besides the amount of ice, exposure time and beam intensity, relative
diffraction intensities contribute, and this way one could decide better
what the "best" width might be for each individual ring. Sure, looking at
the images are the base here, but it is interesting to be seconded by the
ring expected positions and "relative intensities".
    Yours,

Jorge