	From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Richard M Salmon
	Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:06 PM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] practical protocol to remove cell culture
derived Threonine from the protein

	Hi Wenhua

	Have you tried using 6-8M urea or guanidinium hydrochloride to
denature your protein+threonine, then refold by dialysis into a
non-threonine-containing buffer? If you are performing ITC, then i guess
you already have an efficient activity assay, thus maybe use that as an
indicator of successful refolding....combined with successful crystal
formation may give you confidence in a correct, uniform fold too.

	If your unfolded protein is His-tagged etc and dialysis isn't
totally doing the trick, then perhaps immobilising your protein to a
His-column might allow you to physically wash away the contaminating
threonine. You can then try an on-column refold, or elute and perform
dialysis refolding again.

	Good luck,

	Rick Salmon

	On 26 June 2012 10:08, Wenhua Zhang <[log in to unmask]>