just do this one-liner (assuming that your numbering is not messed up
and you have "the first atom")

grep 'ATOM      1' model1.pdb model2.pdb | cut -d: -f 2 | cut -c 31-54 |
awk '{printf "%s ",$0;}' | awk '{print sqrt(($1-$4)^2+($2-$5)^2

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs