	In the grounds of our fairytale castle by the sea, a magnificent feast of stories and music from Wales and the World, with storytellers, epic singers, musicians, circus performers, puppeteers, street theatre artists, films, fire shows and wild, wild dancing.

		Beyond the Border Wales International Storytelling Festival
		June 29 - July 1 2012

		'A Festival Like No Other'  The Times
		'I felt I was being given back something that had been taken away' The Independent

		Nicole et Martin's famous White Tent - becomes The Family Tent sponsored by Barefoot Books for BTB 2012.

		One for the Music Fans

We are delighted to announce that our Sunday evening programme will include a special performance by Julie Murphy of her latest album A Quiet House.
		This will be an intimate, cabaret style event in the Glass Room with limited audience space (first come first served on the day) as the performance features Julie on piano and vocal and Ceri Owen Jones on harp. Julie launched the album with a live streamed performance from her own home to great acclaim -'Murphy should be recognised not just as one of the foremost interpreters of Welsh traditional material but as one of the most important voices in British folk.' The Guardian.

		One for Literature Lovers
		Our author talks are a popular part of Beyond the Border. This year Erica Wagner (The Times) talks to Russell Celyn Jones, Niall Griffiths and Salley Vickers about working with myth in contemporary novels, particularly in relation to Russell and Niall's volumes in Seren Press' New Mabinogion series and Salley's celebrated Miss Garnet's Angel as well as her work in Canongate's myths series. A rich exploration for Sunday morning.

		One for those who love all things Persian
		We're celebrating the works of Rumi, Omar Khayyam and Hafez in a stunning musical performance by some of the very best Iranian musicians in Europe. Seimat Nemat Naser, Rana Shieh, Fariborz Kiannejad, and Arash Moradi make up a stunning ensemble of musicians, who teach their art and tour in a range of ensembles and with orchestras working worldwide.  A  special collaboration for Beyond the Border, we're excited to welcome them to the festival.

		One for the storytelling fans

		'When a storyteller tells a tale, standing behind them are the ghosts of all the storytellers who told that tale in years gone by'. Ghosts is a new work from Taffy Thomas with musicians Tony Farren, Sarah Stuart and Guto Dafis, honoring  Betsy Whyte, Duncan Williamsonn, Ruth Tongue, Sean Ennis, Tommy Morrissey and John Campbell - legends of the tradition. Taffy is also performing Take These Chains, a heart warming show about his recovery from a stroke through storytelling, both at the Festival and at Nazareth House in Cardiff on Friday 29th June - in association with Nazareth House Care Home and with The Stroke Association. Details here.

		Don't forget - Weekend Camping or Mix and Match Tickets are Available.
		Get yours now - here are some example prices:
		Weekend Full Price 6pm Friday - Midnight Sunday (Includes camping and car parking) £200
		Student or Over 65 Day or Evening Ticket £20 (Full Price £25)
		Camp from late Friday evening til Sunday morning - with festival access all day Saturday  £60  Full Price £50  concession
		24hours in the middle - Saturday 6pm - Sunday 6pm with camping Saturday night £55 Full Price £45 concession
		Family Weekend  6pm Friday - Midnight Sunday(includes camping and car parking) £250

		News from outside the Festival

		Busy times at George Ewart Evans Centre for Storytelling (Cardiff) - coming up this week they're running the Digital Storytelling Festival at Chapter  on Thursday 7th followed by their annual symposium on the 8th and 9th at The Atrium. These are bound to be great events -there'll be a range of presentations on varied topics at the Digital event and Symposium speakers are covering Grimms Tales, The Mabinogion, DIckens and Bram Stoker! More information here. Hope you've got your tickets ready!

		3 days, 9 covered venues and over 100 performances
		 www.beyondtheborder.com

								        Sent to [log in to unmask] — why did I get this?
										unsubscribe from this list |								        update subscription preferences
								        Beyond The Border Wales International Storytelling Festival · 20 Ewenny Rd · Wick, Wales CF71 7QA

--

Leanne Rahman
Senior Arts Development Officer

Direct Line: 02920 440188
Fax: 02920 440186
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Black Voluntary Sector Network Wales
The Provincial
2nd Floor East, 113-116 Bute Street
Cardiff, CF10 5EQ
Tel: 02920 450068
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.bvsnw.org.uk

BVSNW is a Registered Charity and a Company
Limited by Guarantee, registered in England and Wales. CompanyNo: 4067687,Charity No: 1087638

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this message isconfidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege.It is for the named adressees only and may not be disclosed to any one withoutthe sender's consent. If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose,distribute, copy, print or reply on the contents of this message and shoulddestroy it immediately.

DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented within this email aresolely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of BVSNW,unless otherwise specifically stated.