Dear ARLIS Colleagues

I will be leaving the University for the Creative Arts at the end of July. I have enjoyed a career of over 24 years at KIAD and latterly UCA, and will miss the wonderfully diverse mix of people I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with over the years.  However, the lure of being subsidized to enter a new phase of my life at what I at least think of as a relatively young age seems too good to miss!  And, if any of you are wondering 'What's the plan?', the plan is to have no plan - at least for the time being.

I have greatly enjoyed my association with ARLIS over the years as a member, as Chair of the E&PD Committee, as a member of the ARLIS Council and lastly as ARLIS Chair. Having been involved in a number of professional organisations over the years, I am in a good position to testify to the strength and value of the ARLIS community - long may it prosper!!

I also value the friends I have made through ARLIS and I hope these friendships will endure. (Ref: flurry of activity on Facebook/LinkedIn.)

My best wishes go to old ARLIS colleagues and to the Society's 'Youngblood' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Youngblood_01_cover.jpg).

Good luck for the future.
Vanessa

Vanessa Crane BA(Hons), MBA, MCLIP
Director of Academic Services
University for the Creative Arts
Oakwood Park
Maidstone
ME16 8AG
01622 620132

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2012 at
http://arlis.org.uk/