Dear All,

We are planning to apply for funding and run a ‘Ward Histories’ project, where we will gather material from people in various Wards of the Borough, recording their histories and combining this with an Oral History Project. I was wondering if other local history archives/libraries or Record Offices had done similar projects and would be willing to share their experiences? As we are planning to go for HLF funding for this, so as well as project planning I would like to know what external funding was obtained if any. It would also serve to highlight ethnic communities within the Wards.

Thanks

Michèle Losse

Local History Officer

Kingston Local History Room

North Kingston Centre

Richmond Road

Kingston upon Thames

Surrey KT2 5PE.

Tel: 0208 5476738 (Local History Centre) 0208 5476750 (private line)

http://www.kingston.gov.uk/leisure/museums/local_history_and_archives.htm

See website for opening hours.

SAVE A TREE - DON'T PRINT THIS MESSAGE UNLESS YOU HAVE TO!