From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mooney, Darren
Sent: 12 June 2012 12:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Educational Psychologist Assessments for Staff

Dear All

We are currently looking into how we support staff who think they may be dyslexic and may need an educational psychologists assessment. Could you let me know:

·         Do you pay for these assessments (or part pay), or do you expect the member of staff to pay? WE PAY A LOCAL DYSLEXIA ORGANISATION FOR THE ASSESSMENT

·         If you pay, is this their department or is there a central budget? THERE IS A BUDGET FOR EACH FACULTY AND ONE FOR THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES WHICH PAYS FOR ANY DISABILITY RELATED COSTS.

·         Are staff referred by the Uni (HR/ Occupational health) or are staff expected to arrange assessments themselves? THE NEED HAS GENERALLY ARISEN FROM ISSUES ABOUT CAPABILITY OR PERFORMANCE OR FROM THE MEMBER OF STAFF THEMSELVES. THE ARRANGEMENT HAS BEEN THROUGH THE HR ADVISOR FOR THEIR AREA.

·         If you don’t normally pay, are there situations were you do? (for example where the Uni is requiring an assessment as part of a performance management situation and it is thought that the staff member may be dyslexic)

Regards

Darren

Darren Mooney BSc, MA

Diversity & Equality Officer

Human Resources

Hart Building

University of Liverpool

Liverpool

L3 5TQ

T: 0151 795 5975

E: [log in to unmask]

W: http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/

BAME Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

Disabled Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

LGBT Staff Network: [log in to unmask]

NEWS: LGBT Celebration marking 40 years of the LGBT Society, IDAHO and the end of the Pink Brick Exhibition. Saturday 19th May.

logossportscharter-logo-text