  From: jane Simpson Access
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 10:12 AM
  Subject: DLA childrens rights

  EDCM has just sent me this, thought some of you might want to do this.

  Regards Jane

  The Government is proposing a benefit rule change that will mean disabled children and young people will only be able to leave the country for four weeks before their Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is stopped.

  They will then have to have a full reassessment when they come back in the country, which may mean long delays until they get their benefit back. At the moment, disabled children and young people are able to leave the country for up to 26 weeks.

  This new rule will also apply to Personal Independence Payments (PIP) which is replacing DLA for 16 - 64 year olds.

  We are worried about the impact this will have on families with disabled children during school holidays. We are also concerned that it will limit opportunities for disabled young people to study and work abroad.

  Write to the Government asking them to allow disabled children and young people to be able to leave the country for more than 4 weeks.

  Jane Simpson

  RIBA & NRAC Consultant

  T:  01484 413000/537407

  M: 07777 607239

  www.janesimpsonaccess.com

  Registered address: New House Bungalow, New House Road, Sheepridge, Huddersfield, HD2 1EG  Company No 6559802, VAT No 930 0839 42

  This e-mail is for the addressee only. The information contained in it
  and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you have
  received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately. You are not
  authorized to, and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this
  e-mail or any part of it.

  ----------End of Message---------- Run by SURFACE for more information on research, consultancy and the distance taught MSc. in Accessibility and Inclusive Design programme visit: http://www.surface.salford.ac.uk Archives for the Accessibuilt discussion list are located at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/accessibuilt.html