**Apologies for crossposting**

Dear Colleagues,

Following a 4 year rotation, the RGS-IBG's Urban Geography Research
Group (UGRG) is looking to fill the following two positions on its
committee:

Secretary
Treasurer

Elections to these posts will be held at the group's AGM at this year's
RGS-IBG Conference in Edinburgh: at 19.30 on Wednesday 4th July (room to
be allocated soon).

The UGRG is an active and inclusive research group, committed to the
support and promotion of urban geography as an intellectual field and
sub-discipline.  We are committed to developing constructive dialogue
between different analytical, theoretical and methodological traditions
of urban geography and urban studies, and to increasing the profile of
female and early career urban geographers.  You can find out more about
what we do by browsing our website:

http://urban-geography.org.uk/

Involvement on the committee provides an excellent opportunity to extend
your networks in the sub-discipline, and is widely recognized as a
"marker of esteem" in academic circles.  The current committee has a
strong mix of post-graduate students, early career and established
researchers, and committee posts are usually held for a period of 3-4
years.

The RGS requires that nominations for named posts should be in writing
and include the names of the proposer and seconder.  Nominations can be
accepted up to (and at) the beginning of the AGM.  If you would like to
discuss these posts and what they involve, please do get in touch with me.

In the meantime, I hope these positions are of interest and look forward
to seeing you at our AGM.

Yours truly

Tom Slater (UGRG Chair).

--
Dr. Tom Slater
Senior Lecturer in Human Geography

Chair, RGS-IBG Urban Geography Research Group:
http://urban-geography.org.uk/

http://www.advancedurbanmarginality.net/

School of Geosciences,
University of Edinburgh
Drummond Street,
Edinburgh EH8 9XP, U.K.

Tel: +44 (0)131 650 9506

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.