On Fri, 4 May 2012, Jean-Baptiste Marquette wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
>       thanks. I managed to try this out on an older OS X build and
>       couldn't quite reproduce your problem. I seemed to get files
>       with the colour of the image all set to white when scaled to big
>       factors, so I'll try to track that down and hope it's related.
>
>       While I remember, there is one outstanding issue with printing
>       when you don't use X-shared memory, this normally happens when
>       you remote login to another machine. That does produce an effect
>       similar to what you report. So are you ssh-ing into/from the
>       Mac?
>

> Michel is ssh-ing into my Mac from his Ubuntu machine, I'm not. Thus
> whatever the print is requested remotely or not, the issue is the same.
> You'll find a test image on anonymous ftp.iap.fr,
> directory pub/from_users/marquett/Peter

Hi JB,

thanks. It seems that this problem is the X-shared memory one.
Under OS X the test for whether this is a local machine or not
always fails. I'll continue to look at this.

Cheers,

Peter.

----
Starlink User Support list
For list configuration, including subscribing to and unsubscribing from the list, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=STARLINK