On Thu, 3 May 2012, Jean-Baptiste Marquette wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
>> On Thu, 3 May 2012, Jean-Baptiste Marquette wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Gaia gurus,
>>>
>>> With Michel we tried to print images in Gaia 4.4.3 on my Mac Pro under
>>> Lion 10.7.3, and all we got is a blank page, with eventually the
>>> footer text if selected. The Print to file in a .ps document fails as
>>> well, the size of the document is 16B only.
>>>
>>> I tried to solve this issue by replacing the Generic Postscript driver
>>> in Preferences by the one relative to the model and brand, without
>>> success.
>>
>> Hi Jean-Baptiste,
>>
>> what size of image are you displaying and at what scale factor? I've
>> known these to cause problems in the past.
>>
>> GAIA creates the postscript natively, so the external drivers will not
>> have any effect. If you need to get something quickly you can also get
>> a snapshot and use another application to convert to postscript. If you
>> have a very recent 4.3.3 there is also a new "Full snapshot..." option
>> that will create a snapshot of the whole image at any scale factor.
>> This is useful if need the extra resolution.
>>

> The size of an image is 6.2 Mb, zoom 1, and the window occupies most of
> my 23" Apple Display. The zone displayed is shown on the small
> screenshot below, showing the stamp only. And the snapshot is working.

Hi JB,

thanks. I managed to try this out on an older OS X build and couldn't
quite reproduce your problem. I seemed to get files with the colour of the
image all set to white when scaled to big factors, so I'll try to track
that down and hope it's related.

While I remember, there is one outstanding issue with printing when you
don't use X-shared memory, this normally happens when you remote login to
another machine. That does produce an effect similar to what you report.
So are you ssh-ing into/from the Mac?

Cheers,

Peter.

----
Starlink User Support list
For list configuration, including subscribing to and unsubscribing from the list, see
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=STARLINK