Could you pass this to any of your students who might be interested…

http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/research/carnegie-bursaries.htm

If you are an enthusiastic high achieving student looking to undertake a PhD in a vibrant research environment, then join us.

You can apply for a full time bursary available within our Carnegie faculty.

PhD Bursaries - fixed 3 year term full-time, £13,590 per year (UK/EU fees)

Closing date: Friday 8 June 2012

Carnegie brings a fresh and informed perspective to research in sport and exercise science, leisure, events, hospitality, tourism, education and childhood. We are offering six postgraduate research studentships available to study for a Doctorate of Philosophy for a period of three years.

One bursary is available within each of the following Centres within the Carnegie Faculty:

For general enquiries regarding the areas of research please contact the relevant Centre Head - contact details can be found within the links above.

To request an application form and for further PhD application criteria please contact [log in to unmask], quoting both 'Carnegie October 2012 Bursary' and the Centre in which your area of interest is based.

Karl Spracklen, PhD

Professor of Leisure Studies

Chair, Leisure Studies Association

Secretary, International Society of Metal Music Studies

Book Review Editor, Leisure/Loisir

School of Sport, Carnegie Faculty, Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom

44 (0)113 8123608 (internal: 23608)