Thanks a lot dear Anna,

As I have mentioned I have only 23 controls which may not be sufficient to make a DARTEL template out of them, so I may go for the VBM8 template?!

cheers,
Shahrzad

From: "Dzieciol, Anna" <[log in to unmask]>
To: shahrzad kharabian <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2012 2:10 PM
Subject: RE: [SPM] DARTEL TEMPLATE

Hi Shahrzad,

You shouldn’t include highly abnormal brains in a Dartel template. One option is to create a template based on controls only, using ‘Dartel-Create Templates’, and then align both patients and controls to this template. Another option is to use VBM8 toolbox, which has its own Dartel template derived from a large number of brains. I’ve been also told that VBM8 toolbox is also sometimes better for segmenting highly abnormal brains.

All the best,

Anna