Dear SPMexperts

I need some help with the interpretation of my PPI results.

In my task, I perform a PPI analysis from seed region X (source) under condition A compared with condition B.

When I perform a one sample T test with the interaction term I donīt find any significant result (testing for both positive and negative possible effects). Nevertheless, in a whole-brain voxelwise multiple regression analysis I found that a personality score display a negative correlation with the PPI term for region Y. Previous studies have interpreted similar results as the higher the personality factor, the lower the X-Y connectivity for the condition A relative to condition B (i.e. Cremers et al.  2010)

Due to previous literature I assume that is more plausible that the direction of connectivity goes from Y to X. Following previous discussion in the SPM list the PPI can be interpreted as the contribution from Y to X but with the reverse sign.

 http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind1101&L=SPM&D=0&I=-3&d=No+Match%3BMatch%3BMatches&P=766775

Then, if I interpret that the direction goes from Y to X the sing of my ppi term will be reversed so the correlation with the personality factor becomes positive. I interpret this positive correlation as the higher the psychological score, the higher the contribution from Y to X activity in condition B relative to condition A. Or conversely, the higher the personality factor, the lower the contribution from Y to X activity in condition A relative to condition B.

My question is: Is there any error in the rationale of the previous paragraphs? May I get to both conclusions?

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

Victor.