Dear list,

I have an ROI mask that I want to divide into 2 parts. I have done this by for one part by drawing a box around one of the portions that I want in a second mask, and then multiplying this image with the original ROI mask: i1.*i2
This gives the area that overlaps between the original ROI and my custom box (part 1). How can I accomplish the same thing for the second part, without drawing around it slice by slice?

I tried to recode all of the zeros outside of the box to be greater than 0, so that I can then use a threshold statement, something like:

i1 + 1 (should give values of 2 for all voxels inside the box, and values of 2 for values outside)
i1(<2) .* i2

But the first step doesn't increase the zero values, only the non-zero ones.

Many thanks,
Liam Mason

---
School of Psychological Sciences