The MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit (CBSU) is an internationally renowned research institute with state-of-the-art cognitive neuroscience facilities, including 3T-fMRI, EEG, MEG and access to neuropsychological patient panels.

Applications are invited for a Career Development Fellowship in cognitive neuroscience to join an ongoing research programme led by Dr Michael Anderson at CBSU investigating memory, attention, and inhibitory control. The primary objective of this position is to undertake behavioural and functional imaging studies of healthy adult populations, though computational studies would be a welcome complement.

You will have, or be in the final stages of completing. a PhD in a subject directly related to Cognitive Neuroscience, plus experience in neuroimaging, and be able to work independently on imaging and behavioural studies.

This is a three year training and development postdoctoral position. The starting salary will be in the range of £26,022 - £28,746 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience. We offer a flexible pay and reward policy, 30 days annual leave entitlement, and an optional MRC final salary Pension Scheme. On site car and bicycle parking is available.

For inquiries, contact Michael Anderson, by email: [log in to unmask] Further information on the unit can be found at http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/. Background concerning our work on memory control can also be found at http://www.memorycontrol.net/

Applications are handled by the RCUK Shared Services Centre; to apply please visit our job board at https://ext.ssc.rcuk.ac.uk and complete an online application form. Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867003, please quote reference number IRC55325.

Closing date: 13th June 2012

Dr Pierre Gagnepain

MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit

15 Chaucer Road