Dear experts

I have a design matrix with 3 parametric regressors PA, PB and PC (in that order)

Now, i create a second DM with the following regressors PA,PB,PD,PE.

Whereas the results for PA remain the same, the results for PB change.

One reason could be that PE and PB are somehow correlated;

however, I thought that the correlation would have an effect on PE and not on PB, given that PB appears first in the DM

Could somebody explain why results from PB in the first DM are different from results of PB in the second DM?

Thanks

John