Thank you very much, Donald. The script went smoothly and I opened the result image in orthoview without any problems.

My matlab version is 7.8.0.347 (R2009a), working on a Vista 64-bit PC.

I have a few further questions:

1, in the test of the 3-way interaction, what is the actually contrast?

Is it [-1 1 1 -1 1 -1 -1 1] with zeros on others?

I.Cons(6).name = 'P_ by C_ by Time';

I.Cons(6). Groups = {15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22};

I.Cons(6).Levs = [2 2 2];

I.Cons(6).ET = [];

I.Cons(6).mean = 0;

2,Our hypothesis is that the

combination effect of the increase > effect X with Y off > none effect.

Or, combination effect of the increase > effect Y with X off> none effect

If the it is Yes in Q1, I don’t think I am testing the interaction that I need. In fact, I did some post hoc analysis, and they didn’t show these gradient trends.

 Should it be an f contrast to do the job?

For example of “combination effect of the increase > effect X with Y off > none effect.”, this contrast is a combination of two t-contrasts:

Zeros (1,6+8) [-1 1 0 0 1 -1 0 0] [0…0]    % XY>X

Zeros (1,6+8) [0 0 0 0 -1 1 1 -1] [0…0]     %X>None

If it is correct, how can I “AND” these two contrasts? Simply By overlapping the two result images?

The design is [effect X(x1,x2), effect Y (y1,y2), time(t1,t2), (x1t1,x1t2,x2t1,x2t2,y1t1,y1t2,y2t1,y2t2), (x1y1t1,x1y1t2,x1y2t1,x1y2t2,x2y1t1,x2y1t2,x2y2t1,x2y2t2), subjects (n1+n2+n3+n4)]

Please note that (1=on, 2=off).

3, Can I actually design my own contrast on GLM_Flex like in the SPM?

I understand I can easily do this in SPM, however, SPM doesn’t allow me to put a three way interaction in the Flex-Factorial design matrix.

So I have to use GLM_Flex to build it. What should I do if I want to define some new contrast in the design matrix built by GLM_Flex?

4, Does the MC FDR in Orthroview means cluster level?

5, I the mail-list you mentioned that Orthoview presents both negative and positive results, and post hoc analysis are needed if I want to know which direction they are.

I found it a bit time consuming. What I did is to extract the raw values from the significant clusters in Matlab and test them on SPSS. Is there any easier way to do it?

Thanks

Chao