On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Yang, Daniel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Donald and SPM users,

I am trying to use GLM Flex to specify the scans for my 2x2 factor within model in the I.Scans part of the script. The example in GLM Flex says:

I.Scans = {...

?s01_c11_c21.nii?;

?s01_c11_c21.nii?;

?s01_c11_c21.nii?;

?s01_c11_c21.nii?;

?s01_c11_c21.nii?;

?s02_c11_c22.nii?;

?s02_c11_c22.nii?;

?s02_c11_c22.nii?;

?s02_c11_c22.nii?;

?s02_c11_c22.nii?;

?s03_c12_c21.nii?;

?s03_c12_c21.nii?;

?s03_c12_c21.nii?;

?s03_c12_c21.nii?;

?s03_c12_c21.nii?;

?s04_c12_c22.nii?;

?s04_c12_c22.nii?;

?s04_c12_c22.nii?;

?s04_c12_c22.nii?;

?s04_c12_c22.nii?;

};

However, as a beginner, I am very confused at this point. I have two questions:

(a) where do these nii's come from? I used SPM8 and all the results from 1st-level analysis are just .img and .hdr? Are these beta's?

In our group's first-level analysis pipeline, we rename all the .img/.hdr con images to .nii files with more intuitive names (e.g. con_0001.img might become condition1_subject1.nii). They are con images, although you could also use beta images.

(b) what are the order of these nii's? I checked out my F.name matrix and realized that I have 2 within factors and 2 levels each. I also have 8 subjects in each condition. What orders of the nii filename should I adhere to?

The order of the nii's should match the I.F.XX matrix. The order should be F1L1F2L1,F1L1F2L2,F1L2F2L1,F1L2F2L2 for each subject.

Many thanks in advance!
Daniel