Hi, Weina,
So far as I know, the segmentation is usually automatically done by SPM, no
need to set threshold for gray or white matter, or you simply follow the
default method.
You click the 'Segmentation' in SPM, while select files of T1 images in the
data selection. You may also like to choose to keep native-space or
normalized grey matter.
Good luck!
Gao