Potentially, you could make your life easy and just use the realignment function (given that MNI templates and your T1 -I assume- scan are from the same modality.

The question remains, however, why you would want to register your data as a rigid body transformation into MNI, given that the fit will most likely not be very good given the differences in sizes and shapes between individual  brains and the MNI templates. It could be useful, though, for obtaining a better starting estimate for the segmentation without the need to consider shrinkage/expansion.

Best
Simon

Von: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [[log in to unmask]]" im Auftrag von "Claire C. [[log in to unmask]]
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Mai 2012 15:19
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: [SPM] Rigid registration and prm structure

Dear Experts,

I am trying to apply a rigid transformation to a MRI T1 to place it in the MNI space, and i am using SPM8b.
Firstly I compute the affine transformation with the fonction spm_affreg. Then I remove the matrix homothety to obtain a rigid transformation.
Next, to be able to use the fonction reg_to_atlas, I need to convert my matrix in a sn file. But here comes the problem; When I apply the fonction spm_prep2sn.m (after the fonction spm_preproc.m) to build a sn file, the field prm.mat is no more a rigid transformation, and the field prm.Tr is not empty (and not null because I put the field Tward, in spm_preproc, to zeros).
So how can I compute a rigid transformation to the MNI space and apply it ?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Best regards,
Claire C.

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH