From: Martin Pyka [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 5:43 PM
To: Buch, Vivek (NIH/NINDS) [G]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SPM] DCM B matrix clarification

Hi Vivek,

If I get a B matrix value of 1.7 from Region A à Region B, does this mean connectivity between A à B in the “deviant” condition is 1.7x the connectivity in the “baseline” condition?

no, it means, connectivity (or coupling strength) increases by 1.7.

And then how does this interpretation change if I compare 2 “deviant” conditions where the design matrix is [-1 1] instead of [0 1]?

i am not sure, what you mean

Best,
Martin

--