You stated that you have a contrast between two conditions. This implied that you have one measurement per subject. Thus, the two-sample t-test would be appropriate.

If you mean that you have two conditions that you want to compare between groups, then you have 2 measures per subject. Thus, the flexible factorial would be appropriate. Remember that you will only be able to compare the two conditions or the group*condition interaction. The effect of group is invalid.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren