Hi.

My question is about VBM8.

We have a set of images from T1 of multiple sclerosis patients, and a set of masks with white matter lesions manually segmented for each subject. We are trying to insert this information in the VBM8.

We found one possible solution: to take the T1 images and setting their respective lesion voxels to NaN value. We think that this method maybe correct, because it makes VBM to ignore this voxels from the segmentation.

The question is: this method is correct? The result will be valid? Is there any documentation or publication about this issue?

Too many thanks,

Alberto.