From: "Ce Mo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, May 22, 2012 09:47
Subject: [SPM] voxel sizes and  ROI
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear all,

I have 2 questions  regarding voxel sizes and ROI.

Suppose I have a spheric ROI with a radius of 10 mm centered around a MNI coordinate, say [x1,y1,z1].

I am interested in how many voxels there are in this ROI and above all, their individual values.
The intuitive thought is to find all these voxels based on  the distances between the sphere center and the candidate voxels the MNI coordinates. However, I am not so sure whether I should take voxel sizes into consideration, and more importantly, whether this approach is feasible.
Or is there anybody who has better ideas?

Moreover, I understand that softwares such as Marsbar can be used to extract the mean parameter (beta) value, I suppose that will be to sum all the values of the voxels within that ROI and then divide it by the number of voxels to obtain the mean value. However, I wonder whether there are any additional scaling so that the extracted mean can be interpreted as percent signal change.

Many thanks and best regards,
                  Ce