Dear DCM-experts,

I am experimenting with the estimator of DCM (spm_nlsi_GN.m) and I am
wondering what is the best way to change the starting position of the EM
while preserving the priors for the estimation.

I implemented the following hack. It would be great if anybody could
confirm that this is correct. In spm_nlsi_GN.m I added the following
lines just in front of the main loop

% EM
%==========================================================================
C.F   = -Inf;                                   % free energy
v     = 0;                                      % log ascent rate
dFdh  = zeros(nh,1);
dFdhh = zeros(nh,nh);

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Change start position

load newStart                # load the variable 'start'
Ep = start;                      # changes the MAP
p     = [V'*(spm_vec(start) - spm_vec(M.pE)); Eu];            # adjusts
the deviation from the prior expectations

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% end of Change start position

for k = 1:64

     % time