Der Gao

In my experience healthy subjects will be able to cope with a 18 minute paradigm, and so will most patients. Concerning the scanner drift it is the duration of the different blocks and not of the paradigm, that matters. On most scanners the default 128s highpass filter words well, but if you want to be sure you could acquirre images from a phantom and analyse the data in the same way as you would with the human data. One thing you may find on Philips scanners is that N/2 ghosting increases over time, because Philips acquirres the data for ghost correction only in the beginning. The same apply for the sensitivety maps used in parallel imaging, so in Tour case I would try a gel filled phantom.

Best
Torben

Torben Ellegaard Lund
Associate Professor, PhD
Center of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience (CFIN)
Aarhus University
Aarhus University Hospital
Building 10G, 5th floor, room 31
Noerrebrogade 44