Hi Cyril,

Yes, I agree completely. Just to clarify for posterity:

-If the regressors are normal regressors (i.e. entered in a multiple
regression, say a 2nd level VBM analysis), the beta weights can change
with different regressors added, because their independence (degree of
orthogonality) will change.

-If the regressors are parametric modulators (i.e. entered in a 1st
level fMRI analysis), SPM will serially orthogonalize each additional
parametric modulator. Thus, the regressors entered after PB should not
be correlated with it, and the beta for PB should not change (but the
results can still change because the residuals will be different with
different parametric modulators).

John, I wasn't sure which case your data fell into, but hopefully know
you know enough to help.

Best regards,

Jonathan

--