This is fascinating. I've become puzzled, though, since learning that book-sellers sometimes sold unbound works. So one might go home and bind two favourite works together?? To connect Daphnaida and Complaints as a continuous work (as intended by the author) wouldn't you need evidence of continuous pagination or some such thing? As with Lovers Complaint and Shakespeare's Sonnets. Can anyone diffuse my puzzlement? What is/was 'a book'?
Penny