Hi all

Many years ago I was introduced to LogFrame or Logical Framework as an alternative to Prince2. Much used by NGOs at the request of the World Bank etc it entails the entire project being mapped on one side of A4. I recall using it to good effect to not only plan for the introduction of PDP across an institution but also as an excellent means of representing what we were doing

best

Steve
From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Peter Hartley [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 May 2012 18:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Project Management

A few years ago I ran a project as part of an HEA programme where the project management was commended by the independent external consultant to the programme.
We did not want to use Prince2 or other elaborate control methodologies and we ended up with 2 documents:
- a concept map to express the vision underpinning the project (using free software which anyone can use after about 5 minutes introduction)
- an action tracker table/spreadsheet to monitor progress on specific tasks. (saved as Word document)
We reviewed both documents at each project meeting and found this worked. For most educational projects, I would argue that you do not need anything much more complex (we would have added a financial tracker if that had been necessary but nothing else).
I'd be happy to share this experience/ run a webinar if anyone would find that helpful.
I'll be at the SEDA conference this week if anyone wants to talk about this.

Best wishes
Peter

On 16 May 2012, at 10:57, Graham Lewis [gjl] wrote:

> Colleagues,
>                      Providing project management training is something I have never really cracked to my satisfaction.  Of course there is the PRINCE2 end, but what  most people need is a step down from that, but a step up from simple 'awareness of issues'.   There are, of course, books aplenty as well as some excellent materials provided by the JISC and others, but I wonder if anybody out there has an interesting approach they would want to share.  Does anybody have experience, for instance, oif using 'business games' for this sort of thing?  Can you point to really good people on the trainers circuit?
>
> Regards
> Graham
> Confused, Aberyswyth
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131