Dear all,

If anyone could give me any advice I would be very grateful.

I am a British citizen who has been living in St Petersburg, Russia, for 3 years. I am planning to apply for a Master's degree in Russian History at the St Petersburg State University in Russian language (I have a BA in History from the University of York).

I am trying to find out if there is any funding available for me for this. As I understand there is the possiblity of funding by the Russian government in cases where there is an international agreement between the countries (Russia and the native country of the student) about education. However it's proving difficult to find out whether or not this includes the UK. If anybody could help me with this, or offer me any information about any kind of possible funding or scholarships for studying in Russia I would be very thankful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my email.

Joseph Nicholson