Here - a little late - are the quotations for this week (May 6th to 12th):

1. …The three closed round the monkey, hanging on his every motion with an earnestness almost equal to ours. The great judge's head - seamed and vertical forehead, iron mouth, and pike-like under-jaw, all set on that thick neck rising out of the white flanneled collar - was thrown against the puckered green silk of the organ front as it might have been a cameo of Titus...

2. . ..The train had lost patience at last, and was coming into the station directly beneath me to see what was the matter. Happy voices sang and heads were thrust out all along the compartments, but none answered their songs or greetings. She halted, and the people began to get out. Then they began to get in again, as their friends in the waiting-rooms advised…

3.
...I saw both Front Benches bend forward, some with their foreheads on their despatch boxes, the rest with their faces in their hands; and their moving shoulders jolted the house out of its last rag of decency. Only the Speaker remained unmoved. The entire press of Great Britain bore witness next day that he had not even bowed his head…

The sources of the last set of extracts (April 22nd to May 5th) are as follows:

1.  (...'... I hear a thud in the engine-room. Then the noise of machinery falling down—like fire-irons—and then two most awful yells...')  This is from "In the Same Boat" in A Diversity of Creatures.

2.  (...'I’m just on the edge of ’em, skating on thin ice round the corner—nor’east as near as nothing—where that dog’s looking at me.’ )  This is from "The Dog Hervey" in A Diversity of Creatures.
3.  (...'An’ then I saw—I tell you I saw—Auntie Armine herself standin’ by the old dressin’station door...')  This is from "A Madonna of the Trenches" in Debits and Credits.

Good wishes to all

John R