Will,

This is a very interesting area for me as I have worked both in records
management and security vetting.

My gut reaction is that they should be vetted, as sensitive information
could be used for grooming purpose and it is only going to take one high
profile case where a DBA or RM uses information they got as part of
their duties to help groom a child and there will be a public demand for
vetting.

On a related note, should a local authority RM post be a 'politically
restricted' post? I personally don't see the need for that but I have
seen at least one local authority RM post that was politically
restricted.

Best wishes.

Craig Alexander Moore