Gaye

If you mean “what percentage of scans should be checked by sampling” then
I’m afraid there is no easy definitive answer, though you can find an answer
easily enough.

If I recall correctly, there is a BSI standard about QA sampling.  I’ve
never read it as it reputedly is too complex for mere mortals.

If you consult someone with A-level maths/stats or better (which I
recommend), they will explain that the level of confidence you can gain from
sampling increases with sample percentage, without ever reaching 100% of
course.  And there is a formula which relates confidence not only to
sampling percentage, but also on the absolute number of scans.  So, you need
to apply that formula, and factor in your desired level of confidence.

There are also ISO standards that address how to measure the quality of a
scan.  Let me know if that is what you are asking about, though I suspect it
shouldn’t be.

In other words, though you may get answers in terms of a fixed percentage,
those answers are not necessarily applicable to your requirement.

Hoping this helps

Marc Fresko