Well, I might have the time to get there, Andrew, & I wish I could, but:

Have a great launch!

Doug
On 2012-05-07, at 10:16 AM, Andrew Burke wrote:

> *
> Andrew Burke* and *Lucy Dougan *invite you and all your family and friends
> to a combined BOOK LAUNCH at Mattie Furphy House (next to Tom Collins
> House, Swanbourne) 2pm-4pm on Sunday 20th May.
>
> Picaro Press has published Lucy's *ON THE CIRCUMVESUVIANA* and Walleah
> Press is the publisher of Andrew's *UNDERCOVER OF LIGHTNESS: NEW &
> COLLECTED POEMS*.
>
> These collections will be launched by Professor *Philip Mead*, poet and
> Chair of Australian Studies at UWA.
>
> Moonshine and sunshine will be served, with the occasional cosy biscuit.
>

> About *ON THE CIRCUMVESUVIANA:*
> *
> *
> *A special tenderness and subtlety characterises these poems. ... Dougan's
> achievement is to remind us that place is a mysterious part of identity and
> that families - weirdly and wonderfully - are always sites of revelation.
> - Gail Jones*
> *
> *
> About* **UNDERCOVER OF LIGHTNESS: NEW & COLLECTED POEMS:*
> *
> *
> *Here is a poet to hail and to treasure. - Thomas Shapcott*
> *
> *
> *This book is full of illumination, clear intelligence, music and - most
> welcome - a sense of humour. *
> *                                                             - Jill Jones*

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Latest books:
Continuations & Continuations 2 (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=962
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

The postliterate sensibility is offended by anything that isn’t television, views with suspicion the compound sentence, the subordinate clause, words of more than three syllables. The home and studio audiences become accustomed to hearing voices swept clean of improvised literary devices, downsized into data points, degraded into industrial-waste product.

		Lewis Lapham