Hi Andrew,

Well, they are intentionally fragments. I was nudged into via Bill S when I saw the movie version of Coriolanus, and the line 'Go get you home, you fragments' struck me. It comes with a sense of the abject, of course, but because Fiennes performance was so (perhaps over)energetic there was a charge there (in my feeble brain, anyway), the People as fragments. Now, from there, in my own weird little poet mind, I moved along through thought and rethought and rejection and another thought to thinking maybe I can do something with this idea (and maybe not - it is an experiment, and bound for failure as any).

One thought was I collected lines or phrases from the plays relating to a certain word that interested me and then did a bit of pick n mix as to what might work. I did one or two a while back, then gave it up, but the one I sent on Wed was one I did as a return to the idea this week - so, that one was of the nonce in our snap way. It was taken from a collection of lines using the word 'air'.

But here's an earlier one which incorporates a fragment of the above quote. I have or two others that sort of work as well - one related to crows.

Remainders

Go get you home

in hard voyages

guarded with scraps

the bits, and greasy relics.

Nay, you were

some slender ort

From whence,

fragment?

It may lead nowhere and it may morph into another idea, or, or, or ...

Thanks for the interest.

Fragmented of Linden Park